Є|>ЯФ | Eden Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simply Chess

+4
Raijin
Lovin
Voyeurism
Landshark
8 posters

Go down

Simply Chess Empty Simply Chess

Post  Landshark Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 pm

First off I want to clarify I do not want simply chess necessarily banned.

I also want to state I know he is "annoying" and it is usually an inconvenience to play with him but the amount of hatred the server has towards him I feel is unmerited.

It does show some compassion for the amount of shit we give him, some in good fun, some in seriousness, that he still continues to join the server and play when he can go anywhere else.

It seems he is a common enemy and everyone gangs up on him instantly any time he plays... and I feel this is immature and disrespectful when our members bring themselves to his egocentric level.

So this thread is to voice an opinion on whether we should continue to treat him as a pest, or if we should ban him from the server, or have everyone swallow their pride and hopefully just get along and maybe reduce the amount of depression we cause him

PS. I know he should be muted indefinitely but again you can not blame a person for being defensive when attacked so abhorrently and frequently by so many people
Landshark
Landshark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Simply Chess Empty Re: Simply Chess

Post  Voyeurism Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

The arc of Shark wrote:
PS. I know he should be muted indefinitely but again you can not blame a person for being defensive when attacked so abhorrently and frequently by so many people

This should be the main focal point.

Nobody can deny the fact that, the minute Chess gets on someone(usually more than one person) is going to instigate or bluntly insult the guy. Big or small, an insult is still an insult. Even after awhile the line between joking/just having fun and being serious is hard to see. So, yeah, I can understand Chess defending himself with a quick tongue. However, I feel it is that quick tongue(joking or not), no matter who it's from, is really what affects the communities viewpoint of Chess.

Double-standards apply to everything. This is no exception.

Sure, we can go around continuing to belittle Chess and, eventually, he'll probably leave. But in terms of representing ourselves, if the line of purely joking and seriously trying to insult Chess, we come off as pompous, unruly, douchebags who don't give a damn about someone outside of our own group/click. For new people joining the server, whom have never played with Chess, this only ends up hurting not only ourselves, but the servers viewpoint in that new players eyes.

Personally, I've no objections to letting Chess continue to talk. That's just my opinion. Sadly, this is now a server issue and it will be handled like one. If you feel Chess needs to be muted, or even banned, state a fair reason and it'll be taken into consideration. The Admins will go from there.

There is a fine line between joking and being serious; lets make sure we aren't overstepping.

Voyeurism

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovin Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 pm

as much as i hate chess, i have to agree, and personally i feel if we're going to keep him he shouldn't necessarily be muted b/c like y'all stated, you can't really blame him for defending himself when the server gets on him as soon as he gets in.

but at the same time i agree with voy, that you can't keep everyone's mouth shut and it does give us a bad reputation with new comers about how we treat people in general in the server. the new comer only sees the hate and disrespect from everyone else towards chess and assumes we are like that with everyone, only to leave and never come back because of it.

so if we are going to keep him he should have all the same rights as everyone else in the server, despite the fact that he may be disrespectful, it's only out of defense of himself. anyone one of us would do it if we were attacked as much as he is too. and it isn't fair to say "i wouldn't do that in his position," b/c you don't know until you're in it, and most likely you would, whether you wanna believe you would or not, it's a natural, human reaction to defend ourselves when being attacked in any way, shape, or form.

so, if we can not make the server at least ignore him, if we decide to keep him, then it is the person doing the wrong action that should be punished and banned, not chess if he is simply defending himself.

at the same token, if we ban chess for simply being annoying and no one liking him, then we should ban half the server b/c everyone is annoying at some point and time, i won't go into specifics, but you know i am right. if you step outside and look at every, not just specifics, everyone has done something annoying in that server and had someone hate them at some point, should we ban the whole server? b/c it isn't fair just to ban one person for being annoying and no one liking them, again that sets a bad preset, and like voy said, it gives us a bad rep.

so all i ask in all of this is that you think about your decisions carefully, and have a damn good reason before we start banning people "b/c they're annoying." that is not a damn good reason to ban anyone in my eyes, especially if you want to keep the community open to everyone.

remember, every action has a reaction. by banning chess, he tells 5 people, who tell another 5 people, who tell another 5 people, etc. and that's a lot of people down the drain b/c we treated one person unfairly.

and also remember, you can always mute people that you find annoying on your own, you need a perma server mute to not hear him. it's not like he comes in enough that it's a pain to mute him every time he comes in. it takes 2 seconds, and in know half of you muted me when i first got in the server b/c my voice is so high and annoying Razz
Lovin
Lovin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:36 pm

In all honesty im fed up with him completely, im not a hating person but i despise chess like you wouldnt believe. Beyond the fact that back in Pandamonium the kid wouldn't listen to the admins, and even impersonated being an admin the kid is an obnoxious asshole. Hes 14 claims to be high or drunk basically all the time and refuses to shut up about.

If chess shut up once in a while and would fucking listen to what the admin ask him to do the first time rather than forcing me to silence/kick him for him to get the fact that im fucking serious across i wouldnt mind all that much what he did.

I have tried to permamute him already cause he was refusing to listen and making the most fuckin obnoxious noise ive ever heard a few days back, unfortunately the new admin doesnt have a permamute so its not sticking and he can start talkin again.

If we could permamute him (dont gag him just mute him) i wouldnt mind, cause if he has to type it we dont have to hear it.

If its down to ban or leave him alone i vote BAN.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:52 pm

When someone attracts that much negative attention just by logging into the server, it's more than likely he/she earned the reputation through their own actions.

I hardly see him these days, though I don't spend the same amount of time (thankfully) on server that I used to. I think the loss of levels got to him finally too.

But as far as Chess goes, he's beyond the typical annoyance. My biggest frustration with him is he sees little to know punishment for breaking rules, and as a repeat offender its no wonder he does since he basically gets away with it. I don't think he needs a ban so much as actual punishment. I would mute him for at least a month to see if his behavior improves. As the majority of his offenses involved mic spam or typing, he'd be less prone to cause trouble.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Thats what i want as well Roland, unfortunately it seems like the source mod admin mute isn't perminent, so he jsut leaves then rejoins and hes back to talking. The stuff chess has done has been an annoyance and though I hate to say it, is not cause to ban a person, its a cause to perma mute but thats it.

The reason i have not banned him yet is because of the fact that his actions are not bannable offenses, they are minor infractions that just really piss u off. If he EVER does anything that is a bannable infraction he will be gone in a heartbeat, but if i ban him at this point, it would feel like im completely abusing my admin powers.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  The arc of Insanity Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:22 am

And that's truely what it boils down to.

Chess is an obnoxious little child who will not listen to authority whenever spoken to. Continually breaking the rules and sliding by because of my leniency, or because I wasn't there to catch him as he did it.

I don't think he just needs a mute, that wouldn't stop him from the other shit he does. And you're considering the worst case scenario, Lovin. Yes, chess may have friends who tell their friends who tell their friends, but you can only assume how many other servers chess has been banned from. So, if that was the case, they wouldn't care anyways. And any of chess's friends that have joined the server are barely his friends anyways, they dislike chess as much as we do.

He's a pest, I honestly think he should just be gotten rid of already.

And in responce to secks, He took a break from the server before the levels were reset. At least a week before the fall of pandamonium. He's just not really coming around where he's not wanted.
The arc of Insanity
The arc of Insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:53 am

The ultimatum to chess has been made by insanity.

"So chess, If you don't start respecting people, And admins (More importantly). You will be removed from the server indefinately."

Thats the current update on the chess deal.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:10 am

Sigh... where was this attitude when when I wanted him banned.... =P
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:13 am

non existent, but i doubt he will last long, chess being chess he'll have forgotten by tommorrow and then he will stop listening and he will be gone forever.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlightlySane Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:27 pm

i second this notion, whole-heartedly. It gives him a chance to redeem himself (if possible) and he is on essentially a behavioral probation (which probably won't last long).

I also think it's hilarious that he is the first and only person (so far) on the list
SlightlySane
SlightlySane

Back to top Go down

Post  The arc of Rage Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm going to assume that, by now, Chess has either left, or been banned. But to give a straight up valid reason for banishment...I watched the kid actively take players out of our server to go play in another. Lovin was informed shortly after as I did not have my admin restored at the particular time of occurrence. If he's NOT been banned already, I feel that the measure SHOULD be taken to ensure that this does NOT happen again.
The arc of Rage
The arc of Rage

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am

Might as well lock this, I don't think we'll have to see him ever again. At least unless his new playmates decide they've had enough.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum