Є|>ЯФ | Eden Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ping Limit

+2
Raijin
Fluffy
6 posters

Go down

Ping Limit Empty Ping Limit

Post  Fluffy Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:03 pm

i think that we should have a ping limit and have it auto kick when people are over it so that noone is lag jumping or playing with messed up reg
Fluffy
Fluffy

Back to top Go down

Ping Limit Empty Re: Ping Limit

Post  Raijin Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

i would say anything over 250 needs to be addressed but they shouldnt be kicked over it, but anything over 500 we may wanna have an auto kick on
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovin Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:27 pm

well the thing about this is we have someone who is deployed in kuwait, who is actually playing quite a bit, and his ping is between 450-500 but he plays with no lag what-so-ever, or very little lag, so to have the server auto kick b/c of his ping being that high is unfair, seeing as he has no actual lag on his end or ours.
Lovin
Lovin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fluffy Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm

its not just lag jumping people with high pings have messed up reg, do things like shooting where someone was a second ago and it counting as a hit.
Fluffy
Fluffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovin Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:32 pm

ok, that isn't lag that you're seeing with that, that is the registration with the server...which in a way is lag, yes, but at the same time it is not something adding that mod will fix. it is a server issue, and a gameservers issue, and there really is nothing to fix it except yell at them and tell them they need an upgrade, which will do nothing but make them give you bad service, so i'm sorry we can't fix that specific issue, at least not yet :/
Lovin
Lovin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 am

That's actually the server mechanics compensating for the time difference. Our man in Kuwait is bravely serving his country and I think he's entitled to a little slack for something he's got no control over.

However, I would like a rule added to the MOTD that warns players of possibly being kicked if their latency remains high for over 30s or a minute. That way, players won't necessarily be offended and for the most part be understanding if a need should arise.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Fluffy Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 am

i disagree roland, i have nothing but respect for soldiers serving their country but just because someone is overseas serving doesn't mean they should be aloud to play all day with a 500 ping there are no lack of css servers all over ours isnt the only one out there, he can relax in one that he has a better connection to. i wouldn't give anyone else special treatment just because of their career he isnt really my concern though since ive never played with him. my concern is the several regulars that seem to have high pings on a regular basis and i think they should get kicked if their ping remains high for more than a few minutes. but i already talked about it with someone so thats the last thing i will say regarding it. ( a warning in motd is a good idea )
Fluffy
Fluffy

Back to top Go down

Post  soL Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 am

beat me to it fluffy i was ganna post the same thing. A ping limit is a must i think. Is there anyway we can exclude our Kuwait player from the ping restriction?
soL
soL

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 am

Fluffy wrote:i disagree roland, i have nothing but respect for soldiers serving their country but just because someone is overseas serving doesn't mean they should be aloud to play all day with a 500 ping there are no lack of css servers all over ours isnt the only one out there, he can relax in one that he has a better connection to.

You really think you can find KUWAIT servers? We get people as far as the Philippines joining our server. WCS isn't a popular mod considering all the time and effort it takes to run. It's a lot easier to find a GG or DM.

As you haven't played with him, you would notice that he doesn't have the irritating teleport going on, skipping frames between movement and all that jazz. Registering a shot may be a little trickier, but you can have problems registering a shot or few with someone of low latency as well depending on the overall shot registration.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Vexacion Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:07 am

i think that we should not have a auto kick if someone has high ping because just because you have high ping doenst mean you are lagging. my friend use to have a ping of 230-250 on a server and no lag at all. i think that if someone has a ping that is causing them to teleport and stuff then one of the players online should try to help him re-adjust his rates to our server if that does not work a admin should kick him and if he keeps coming back with a high ping then temp band him for about a week
Vexacion
Vexacion

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 am

now cookie, that seems like a bad idea.

May i ask who the player in Kuwait is?
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 am

Diealready - he's currently a VA member

But again, considering how many admins we have on frequently, I don't think we need an auto-kick. All we need is a MOTD rule warning people they may be kicked for high ping so that admins can make use of their abilities and be "responsible" =P

Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum