Є|>ЯФ | Eden Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise: 101

Go down

Paradise: 101 Empty Paradise: 101

Post  Voyeurism Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 am

Due to the most recent issues within the server concerning not only Admin disrespect, but also hacking, I feel the need to voice my own opinion.

Personally, I’m not big on dishing out punishment so long as the intent is directed at me solely; admittedly, though, that same apathetic standpoint more times than not carries over when the intent is carried to someone else. Simply for the fact that I feel that if it were a real issue, then the person would voice it accordingly, otherwise I’m left to assume that they’re not that bothered with it: Why worry about it? Again, I admit, I let down at least two players in the past when they felt they were being “harassed”, but since they said not a word, I let it be as both parties continued casual play. Shortly afterwords I’m messaged by a third-party member who has to tell me that the users being harassed were upset and displeased. Keep this in mind:

If you do not personally tell me something or someone is bothering you, I cannot know, therefore, I am not going to go out of my way to speak for you unless the harassment or disrespect is just overboard. Will not and should not.

There is usually always one admin ingame most times and if there isn’t, message one via steam chat as quickly as possible with a detailed explanation of what happened and who partook in the situation. If nothing else, everyone has access to the forums. The issue will be addressed.

Now then, we’ve got the all-too serious issue of catching hackers, more commonly told to me as “witch hunting”. It’s one thing to scope out a suspicious player, but don’t make them your priority. This pertains mainly to my Admins: I do not want you making this a hobby. Your main priority should always remain having fun on the server. If you ever feel you’re getting so caught up in this endeavor, please, let the rest of us know and we’ll either lighten the burden or castrate you.

Here’s a template to follow in the future for any possible scenarios:

You feel someone has been hacking, watched them closely for some time, and temp ban:
Make an immediate post on the forums in the respective subforum.
Give a detailed explanation of what occurred.
Make sure to have a SteamID and username.
Have a demo

You feel someone is hacking(questionable) and perma-ban them:
Make an immediate post on the forums in regards to the ban.
Give either a SteamID(preferred) or username
Have a demo.

Player is spinning, instantly headshotting, upside-down screen:
Give a SteamID with username.
Give at least three witnesses.

Easy, really, and sad that it should be laid out as it is; If one cannot permanently ban a person without question, then the temporary ban should be no longer than a hours length. Whether or not the issue has been cleared yet, that player is not to be “touched” or “hunted” in an overdrawn manner again.

Believe there is also an issue with racist and/or religious names. Keep in mind, so long as the name is not insulting any person or thing, then it may be accepted. However, if told by an Admin to change it, then please, do so. Even if another player finds it offensive, please, change it to something more respectable. I advise all to tread lightly with both categories whether it is in conversation or as a name. I trust not only my Admins to step-in, but also the players themselves, to stop any unnecessary conflict when any conversation starts to get out of hand. Change the topic to something else.

Warnings for disrespect or mic-spamming:

First warning will be a verbal one, asking you to either stop or change conversation.
Second warning will be a five minute mute(if player has a mic), a gag(for text).
Third warning will consist of a kick.
Fourth warning will earn you a 30 minute temporary ban.
You won’t like the fifth warning.

Things are getting out of hand, I’ll admit that and maybe that stems from my own passive, apathetic viewpoints, but I will have the rules enforced from now on if I cannot trust the community to know what is and what is not right, verbalized or not.

Do not hesitate to seek out the Admins, Shark or myself if you ever need anything. We would much rather hear your voice and whatever may concern you or suggestions you might have.

Please, abide by the rules set in the MOTD and focus on having fun playing the game.

Voyeurism

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum