Є|>ЯФ | Eden Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Demo Guide

5 posters

Go down

How to Demo Guide Empty How to Demo Guide

Post  Raijin Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:08 am

Alright so lots of people dont know how to demo, how to edit demos, or how to watch demos so here is a basic guide that i hope helps.

How to make a demo

1. Open console
2. To record a demo type "record <demonoame>" ex. record Raijin
3. To stop recording a demo type "stop" to stop recording the demo
4. Demo will save to Program Files>steam>steamapps>username>cs:s>cstrike

How to watch a demo

1. Open CS:S
2. Open console
3. To watch the demo type "playdemo <demoname>" ex. playdemo Raijin
4. To stop watching the demo type "stopdemo"
*Note: If u r watching a demo for wall hacks, i would recommend use the console commands sv_cheats 1 and then mat_wireframe 3, to allow u to see through walls, and i would recommend that on any questionable or possible wall, u slow the demo down to around 25% and turn up your volume, so that u can hear everything and see everything at the time.

How to Edit? a demo

There is no way to physically cut up a demo so that its just the 3 minutes of the 20 minute demo u took, however u can make it so that those viewing only see the part u want them to see. If u dont want to edit that video because u think the whole thing is worthwhile to watch, that is fine, if u think it needs to be edited but u dont trust yourself doing it, u can email it to me at patricklaki@gmail.com, along with the timeframe u want watched and i will do it for u.

1. Play the demo
2. Hit Shift+F2 to open the demoviewer
3. Hit Edit..
4. Hit New->
5. Select Skipahead (this will set a time to start viewing demo at)
6. In the Start on: section select timeusetick in the dropdown menu, enter a low tick such as 10
7. In the Skip to: section select timeusetick in the dropdown menu, enter where u want the viewer to start watching from
*Note: When some1 watches a demo with this feature they must hit play twice, first time to start the demo for 10 ticks before it stops and a 2nd time so that it starts where it was supposed to.*
8. Hit okay
9. Hit New->
10. Select stopplayback (this will set a time to stop your demo)
11. In the Stop on: sections select timeusetick in dropdown menu, enter the tick u wish the demo to stop playing on
12. Hit okay
13. Hit Save, this will create a .VDM file in the same location as the demo with the same name be sure to keep the 2 together.

Additional things u can do
14. Hit New->
15. Select playcommands (this will let u enter console commands)
16. Enter the command sv_cheats 1 (this allows certain commands to be allowed), also in the dropdown menu select timeusetick and enter the tick u used for the skip to: in the skipahead command
17. Hit okay
18. Hit New->
19. Select playcommands
20. Enter the command mat_wireframe 3 (this removes texture on all things allowing u to see players through walls, good for getting wall hackers), also in the dropdown menu select timeusetick and enter the tick u used for the skip to: in the skipahead command
21. Hit okay
22. Hit Save

How to add demo to Forums
...ill do this once i figure that out.

Alright thats the best i can do, hope its enough for u guys.
Plz feel free to add comments and changes that i need to make.

Last edited by Raijin on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

How to Demo Guide Empty Re: How to Demo Guide

Post  Voyeurism Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:51 am

Stickied. Nice guide for those who don't already know how to record and/or edit a demo.

Voyeurism

Back to top Go down

Post  Landshark Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank you Яåijiπ, this is incredibly helpful!
Landshark
Landshark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  soL Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:52 pm

The only way you could post a video on the forums is to upload it to lets play Youtube and post the Embed to the video on the forums.
soL
soL

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:58 pm

honestly i think we should just use rapidshare and post the link on the forums so that people can go there and dl it. I think rapidshare is free.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 am

This is great, very informative --- but I think it really belongs in the need someone banned forum since that most directly applies. (Stickied of course)
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum