Є|>ЯФ | Eden Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone for Smoother Chatting?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone for Smoother Chatting? Empty Anyone for Smoother Chatting?

Post  Voyeurism Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:07 am

Does anyone here know what mIRC or IRC is? It's a "Microsoft Internet Relay Chat" that's run off a server, like our game here. It allows you(obviously) to join the server and chat freely within multiple channels to various people. Of course, the server is meant for a roleplaying community(we're all writers), it also welcomes gamers(as we play multiple games). Would anyone be interested in getting on the IRC server and chatting away with a couple other people about nonsensical bullshit, or quantum physics? Even MMO's/RPG's! It's also a more effective way of getting ahold of someone(if they use the client) and holding a more stable conversation.

If interested and want to check it out, say so, and I'll either explain further here as to go about getting you started(if you've never touched mIRC), or via Steam Chat.

Voyeurism

Back to top Go down

Anyone for Smoother Chatting? Empty Re: Anyone for Smoother Chatting?

Post  Raijin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:54 am

i would love too, so long as i dont have to pay for anything, which im pretty sure mIRC is an upfront 1 time payment, so i dont use it, if u guy splan on doing stuff with it and using it, i guess i can download it, but not pay for it.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Voyeurism Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:32 am

The arc of God wrote:i would love too, so long as i dont have to pay for anything, which im pretty sure mIRC is an upfront 1 time payment, so i dont use it, if u guy splan on doing stuff with it and using it, i guess i can download it, but not pay for it.

The thing about mIRC is that while it does offer a 30 day trial before stating you "need" to pay, you can always bypass the payment altogether just by hitting "continue" and/or "okay" when the menu is prompted(even the 'x' would suffice). Sufficiently saying - you really never had/have to pay for it.

Of course, if you want legit versions, I do have a demonoid account which I can either provide freely(username/pass) or just snag the download link and post it here. Doesn't really matter to me.

Voyeurism

Back to top Go down

Post  Landshark Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:15 pm

IRC is oldschool chatting. That is how I first got into pirating material back in the day... its like a little age of empires game with all the killbots, tracers, spam bots and shit that is has become. I do not feel we really need an irc channel considering steam provides an adequate chatting function. I know that it does not provide group chat but I do not understand why we need it considering majority of members will not be on at same time anyways.. That is why we have forums to voice your needs and wants
Landshark
Landshark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Yeah, hard to justify loading up an irc client with so few members that are on at various times of the day. Last time I used IRC was to hunt diablo clones in d2. Hell, using aim or yahoo or msn would work if you were lookin for something outside of steam.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum