Є|>ЯФ | Eden Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir

4 posters

Go down

Should there be 4 races in each 75 level group?

Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir I_vote_lcap71%Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir I_vote_lcap14%Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir I_vote_lcap14%Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir Empty Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir

Post  Raijin Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Alright so this is something that a couple people have voiced an opinion on. The fact that u need to get 3 races to lvl 25 in order to move on to the next tier seems like way to much work, especially since most of the races between 75~500 max out at lvl 20, meaning you have to go beyond that for your goal. So can we make is that their are 4 races within each group so that you dont have to go past maxing all of them, and if their is a race you REALLY hate u dont have to lvl it up all the way to 25 in order to move on.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir Empty Re: Suggestion ~ 4 races per teir

Post  Setus Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm

My vote is yes
Setus
Setus

Back to top Go down

Post  The arc of Insanity Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 pm

I vowted no because there is going to be some heavy editing going around.

We're probably going to modify alot of our races so that they're alot more flushed out, A little less boring. And overall entertaining to play.

Most of our races will probably cap out around 30 or even 40, Giving people a little better reason to play the race some more.

I appreciate the suggestion though.
The arc of Insanity
The arc of Insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:57 am

if u plan on changing the races so that they are more lvled out and max higher, then i think it should be fine.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:09 am

The arc of Insanity wrote:
Most of our races will probably cap out around 30 or even 40, Giving people a little better reason to play the race some more.

That sounds like a step in the wrong direction - it's already painful enough to hit the 30s as is. To top that off, a lot of races are played specifically for adding to total levels, not because they're enjoyable. Requiring more xp to cap out doesn't result in more fun, as people have shown a tendency to stick to races they actually enjoy long after level cap.

I know I'm one of several users that has started to lose interest after having been reset twice. While you may enjoy "grinding" Insanity, the majority of us do not, hence the name grinding. I invested the time grinding out levels so that I could have fun with a selection of races at my disposal, not because buying massive tomes and hoping for admins to gift levels is a good time.

If the majority of game play on the server feels like a grind, and that's coming from someone who typically does well on a map, how enjoyable is it for someone that doesn't? Sure, WCS mod isn't for everyone, but it's hard to generate a regular fan base if new people are constantly getting frustrated and leaving.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  The arc of Insanity Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:01 am

I wasn't saying that races would be farther apart. If I had...say...4 races on each plane, And 80 levels between planes, And all the races capped at 30 or 40, That wouldn't mean people would have to continue grinding. I'm talking about fleshing them out so people have a reason to go back to them/continue playing them past the point where they "Need" to. You understand?

The arc of Insanity
The arc of Insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:33 am

Since the majority of the community from previous discussions is looking for some change to make the grind up easier, the simplest solution presented thus far would be to adjust the current tiers.

Adding more skills or nerfing skills so that it takes more to cap out on skills doesn't make a race more fun, though yes it does provide one reason to level a race longer.

However, I think by moving some races around into lower tiers, not only will they become more popular, but it will also ease the burden for hitting new tiers.
Roland
Roland

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijin Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 am

alright an adjustment has been made, currently all the first 2 tier races have been improved in some aspect, making them much easier to lvl and more enjoyable to play till maxed.
Raijin
Raijin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down